Friday, October 2, 2009

Under some sort of construction

UPDATE Holy shits! I just bolded that using HTML and changed the background color to a more suitable grey using code!!!! Who woulda thought! Basic html mambo jambo isn't so intimidating after all. : ) I should be working and not playing but this has made me sooo excited. Thanks Lee and Chaitan. I'll have to stop this addictive fun and get back to work.

Still looking for the ideal color combinations (that must have my favorite dark purple). Thanks to a wonderful tip, I've learned that I can put a photo in the header.

The photo in the header was taken in Oaxaca Mexico in 2008. My mom and I went to this village outside the city where they make these wooden figurines, usually animals. They sterilize discarded injection needles and fill the tube with paint so that they can make these precise tiny little dots to paint the figurines (like in the photo above). While we were at this house in the village I noticed this chair sitting against the beautiful blue-ish colored wall. I loved how its covered with spots of paint with an empty bird cage next to it. It makes me feel like the scene is just waiting for the artist to return. It's quite a fitting picture for me right now as my inner artist is waiting to return as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment