Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Mother and Baby


Walking around Heller lately, I have seen so many pregnant women. I can barely juggle the school work, I can't imagine being pregnant and in school. It made me think of the photo above, a woman and her newborn, 15 days old. I took the photo in India in 2009. When I took the photo, we were in their one room house and her eldest daughter and the neighbor's kids were running around. I love the photo because with all the commotion, contributing to the movement in the background, the mother and her child were completely still and kept their eyes on each other. It was as if they were in their own world, speaking their own language with their eyes. The bond between a mother and her child always amazes me...

1 comment:

  1. Harry S Truman has once quoted

    "No one in the world can take the place of your mother. Right or wrong, from her viewpoint you are always right. She may scold you for little things, but never for the big ones "

    ReplyDelete