Sunday, April 12, 2009

cross your fingers and your toes

I woke up this morning to dark clouds and the roaring thunder. Thankfully, that passed within a couple of hours. I just took this photo of the green green grass outside while listening to India Arie's "A Beautiful Day". I love this song. Here are the lyrics to the first verse...

Life is a journey,
Not a destination, 
There are no mistakes, 
Just chances we've taken 
Lay down your regrets cause all we have is now...

Many of my friends and myself seem me to be feeling discouraged by our futures. So much of our lives is up in the air as we transition into the next phase of our lives. We should be feeling excited, but I think at this moment we are feeling anxious and unsure. Personally, I hate that this process is not in my control. I've done all I can and now just have to wait for someone out there to believe in me and take a chance on me. I've got my fingers crossed for my friends and myself because as India Arie sings "There are no mistakes, Just chances we've taken." 


1 comment: