Sunday, November 8, 2009

Swahili Fashion Week






SO the pictures came out pretty crappy (I stupidly didn't take the SLR), but it was a great night. I went into it with little expectations, I mean this isn't Milan, Paris or NY. Of course it started an hour late, in true African fashion and featured designers from Tanzania, Kenya, and South Africa. The MC for the night was none other than a girl that sat in my office just last month wearing her United Nations Association hat. Little did I know then that she is former Ms. Tanzania, a budding actress, and EXTREMELY well known in Dar es Salaam. I felt a little cool when she came up to me to say hi. : ) The fashions were not outlandish, they were moderate and wearable. The make up was extreme with red, shiny lipstick like the shoes Dorothy wears on her way to see the wizard. Oh and there was a full on Janet Jackson moment. I felt so bad for the model, but she kept strutting as we stared at her fuly exposed breast. Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment