Friday, February 12, 2010

morning or motion sickness?

Yesterday after work I went to the friendly neighborhood pharmacy to get motion sickness meds. There are 2 near my house. The one I've gone to in the past was full of people and the other was empty. So I regrettably went to the empty one. I told the lady I needed motion sickness medicine. She looked a bit confused so I said I'm going to be on a boat and I swayed back and forth to imitate some sort of rocking boat. She spouted out some long mumbo jumbo name and I said sure that one. I paid the equivalent of a buck and walked out. I took it this morning 7hrs before though, not 12 hrs before like she said .
This morning I had a meeting. Hour one I was fine, hour two started feeling iffy, hour three I damn near just put my head down on the table for a nap.
I came back to my office and googled the name of the med. Its for pregnant women to combat morning sickness! Grant it the symptoms are the same, but this shit is high dose. Maybe she thought I said morning not motion sickness. Or maybe my weight gain makes me look pregnant! After some more research I've learned this same medicine was being prescribed in the 80s and resulted in babies being born with short arms and legs. Ahhhh my poor non-existent baby! hahaha They say the meds have improved and its still being prescribed though many mothers-to-be would rather just live with their heads in the toilet, SHOCKER! hahaha
I'm sure the drowsiness will pass. But now what about the numbing of my hands...humph!

1 comment:

  1. hah! the adventures with a drug store. what if you hadn't realized it at all, and kept taking various potions for your described and misunderstood ailments over time? would have made a story or what! hmmmm, just kidding.

    ReplyDelete